“After Dinner Speakers4u” we attended FSB in Cornwall last year, we are committed, in accordance with the General Data protection Regulations 25 May 2018 and its eight principles of good information handling, to safeguarding the personal data you share with us.
The personal service After Dinner Speakers4uoffers speakers and clients ensures that their data is safely stored and not shared with any third parties. We are a small business run and administered by its owner Phil Payne. We do not market our services The majority of our contacts come through word of mouth, recommendation and repeat business.
We have a legitimate interest in holding personal data which can be both hard copy and digital.
We will processes personal information to enable us to:
- maintain our accounts and records
- support and manage our clients, agents and the speakers we work with
Any personal data which we require we will collect directly from yourself and may include:
- Full name and personal details including contact information (e.g. client addresses, email address, contact telephone numbers)
- VAT registration number (if VAT registered)
- Bank account details so we can pay your invoices
- Records of previous bookings made through LWT
Who do we share your information with?
We sometimes need to share the personal information we process with yourself and also with other organisations including:
- Current, past & prospective agents, bookers & venues providing entertainment services
- Suppliers and service providers
- Central government
Where it is necessary to share information, After Dinner Speakers4u will comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act.
How do we treat your personal data?
All items of personal data are securely stored electronically on either our:
- Booking System
- Banking System
- Accounting Software
All of our systems are securely password protected and access is limited to only the person who processes the data. In addition, we undertake a regular review of all the information we hold. We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) to collect, retain, store and pass on personal information on Speakers, Hirers, Suppliers and other Agents in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
How we will contact you:
After Dinner Speakers4uwill use your phone number and email address to contact you according to your preferences, and from time to time we may use social media platforms. We sent out Speakers booked thru via email.
You can change your preferences at any time by contacting us. How to change your preferences or update your personal data.
Under data protection law you have the right to:
- be informed about our processing of your personal data
- have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate
- object to processing of your personal data
- restrict processing of your personal data
- have your personal data erased (within HMRC parameters).
- request access to your personal data and information about how we process it
- move, copy or transfer your personal data
Personal data on our IT system is password protected with a well configured firewall. Antivirus software regularly scans the network to prevent or detect threats.
Daily backups are encrypted and safely stored. Any data needed to be archived will be securely stored off line. Speakers and clients data is updated when necessary or securely deleted. Any hard copy is shredded by a confidential document destruction service.
If you have any questions regarding how After Dinner Speakers4uuse your personal data or should any of your personal data need to be updated or you wish to change the way in which we contact you, please contact Phil Payne.